Here are 10 Tips for Staying Positive and Proactive
- Take care of yourself. The more you know about Parkinson’s, the better. You play the key role in your own health. Seek out therapies/modalities that work for you. Accepting your illness does not mean giving up.
- Appreciate the good in every day. Focus on what you can do, not what you can’t do. Savor and appreciate everything.
- Stay flexible in all ways. A rigid pole often tends to break in the wind. A flexible pole will bend and give in the wind. Being more flexible will add a new dimension to your life.
- A person with a good attitude is much easier to be around and is good for our well-being.
- Being positive is a choice! When we label everything “good” or “bad”, we lose sight that we cannot savor one without the other. You cannot have the sweet without the bitter. This is life!
- Explore the stressors in your daily life. Find an outlet to help you release your stress.
- Procrastination, denial, fear, and apathy only delay the opportunity to begin our own self care. Don’t hesitate to ask for help when you need it.
- If you don’t laugh every day, start! Laughter has all kinds of health benefits. Don’t take yourself too seriously. Don’t stop laughing!
- Plan ahead for what you can and be aware and engaged. Always have a plan B, C, or more.
- The best exercise or activity is the one that you like and you are willing to do. If Parkinson’s prohibits us from doing something we love, then we must find a replacement for that activity.
Click this link for the 10 Tips PDF to share.
Beautiful dogs! Love the picture!
Comments are closed.