The following is an extensive list of resources that my researcher, partner, soul mate, best friend, carepartner, and spouse, Angela Robb, has curated and has graciously shared here with us.
Movement or Exercise Instruction Online
- Dance for PD – Every day of the week, the Mark Morris Dance Group offers Dance for PD classes available online via Zoom. See their website for more details and schedule.
- Parkinson’s on the Move – Alexander Tressor (who has personal connection to Parkinson’s) offers a library of exercises that are available on his website.
- Parkinson Foundation has launched PD Health @ Home with online events with Mindfulness Mondays, Wellness Wednesdays, and Fitness Fridays
- My Parkinson’s Gym – Offers a variety of on demand recorded exercises (some are free/some require membership) from Alec Langstein, a personal trainer with extensive experience working with those with Parkinson’s Disease. He provides exercises you can do on your own at home while being safe!
- Power for Parkinson’s – Provides free online exercises via YouTube and YouTube LiveStream along with in person exercise in Austin, TX.
- Neuro Challenge Foundation for Parkinson’s – Offers virtual exercise classes throughout the week online.
- Northwest Parkinson’s Foundation has Yoga, Tai Chi, and Feldenkrais classes available online. Visit their website for dates and more information.
- The Brian Grant Foundation offers some online exercise videos on Tai Chi, Pilates, Yoga, and more!
- Let’s Combat Micrographia offers online workshops – both online live and self-paced on their website to help with small handwriting and hand exercises.
Voice Practices Online
- Parkinson Voice Project – 10am CDT (11am EDT) Monday – Friday – Daily speech practices with Samantha Elandary MA, CCC-SLP via Facebook LIVE or on the Parkinson Voice Project website. Archived sessions can be found on the Parkinson Voice Project website.
- Northwest Parkinson Foundation – Offers singing class via online. View their website for more information.
- The Tremble Clefs in Arizona offers 3 online choirs that are open to everyone with Parkinson’s. Click here for more information including date and times.
- Tremble Clefs San Diego also offers virtual choir – visit their website for more information.
- The Davis Phinney Foundation (DPF) is hosting a monthly care partners monthly meet up hosted by Connie Carpenter Phinney and special guests on the First Tuesday of each month. Click here for more information and to register. DPF also has an extensive library of carepartner / caregiver resources and a guide for caregivers.
- World Parkinson Coalition has a care partner virtual panel series and an extensive recorded archive of previous carepartner webinars.
- Parkinson Society British Columbia – Various dates and times for online support groups and educational seminars for caregivers.
- Parkinson’s Foundation Care Partner Program has both a self-paced program along with live online events available.
Webinars & Educational Programs
- The Davis Phinney Foundation has invested in a massive expansion of their online events, seminars, webinars, podcasts, and more. It is well worth your time to check out their extensive offerings!!
- PDBuzz.com has an excellent and extensive listing of PD events online…check it out here.
- PMD Alliance – A multitude of online webinars and support events. They also have an extensive listing of local events around the country.
- Parkinson’s Foundation – Webinars and Online Events
- The World Parkinson Coalition is offers many virtual events including webinars, caregiver series, and more.
- Parkinson Society British Columbia – Various dates and times for educational seminars for those living with Parkinson’s and caregivers. They also have an extensive list of resources of all types.
- Parkinson’s Partners holds a monthly virtual support group event the 3rd Wednesday of each month from 1:30pm-3:00pm. Click here to register.
- Archived Webinars from the American Parkinson Disease Association (APDA)
- Parkinson Association of the Rockies – Archived and upcoming Webinars
- The American Parkinson Disease Association (APDA) offers webinars live and archived along with articles.
- Northwest Parkinson’s Foundation (NWPF) – List of online resources, covering many topics available.
Hobbies, Arts, & Entertainment
- Northwest Parkinson’s Foundation offers Art at Home classes online view the offering on their website.
- Michael Okun speaks about Coronavirus – Archived Video – Parkinson Foundation
- Covid-19 & Parkinson’s – American Parkinson Disease Association (APDA)
- Brain & Life Online Magazine – American Academy of Neurology
- Resources for Self-managing your Parkinson’s during the COVID-19 outbreak – Parkinson Society British Columbia
- World Parkinson Congress blog – https://www.worldpdcongress.org/home – Article topics include: Intimacy during Coronavirus and Anxiety and Parkinson’s Staying Healthy during Unusual Times.
- Dr. Ray Dorsey’s telemedicine study.