Technology really can deliver, and Starship is proving it. This marvel of technology is providing an essential service, during this pandemic. My neighborhood in Virginia is being invaded by R2D2 lookalikes carrying meals from neighborhood restaurants. From coffee to ice cream these cute droids are aiming to please. This is innovation at it’s very best! GO ROBOTS!
At about 4 miles an hour, they zip down city sidewalks on target for delivery. What a date to praise the robot invasion—May the 4th be with you to all those techie and Star Wars lovers!
My first posting on Apps and Parkinson’s disease was so well-received that I thought I would share a few more:
1. Parkinson’s Drug Trials – is a clever little tool to research clinical trials and find information about research both past and present.
2. ArtStudio-is a wonderful App to enhance your creativity and to expand your artistic expression!
3. You Don’t Know Jack – is an oddball, quirky, outrageous, educational, irreverent, but entertaining trivia game show that you may enjoy.
4. Everything-is a terrific App for listing whatever is on your mind and keeping it in one place.
5. PocketLife-is a sharp, well laid out calendar program that has a slick multi-calendar function to keep other people’s calendars as well.
6. WebMD-just keeps getting better!
7. PDLife-is an App made to monitor your Parkinson’s and to keep on track with your medications.
8. Dosecast- is an easy to use App to keep track of your meds and doses. Don’t miss a dose and keep to your schedule.
9. AudioMemos-is a useful voice recorder App to hear your speech for voice therapy reasons or just for a voice memo or pure enjoyment.
10. PD Toolkit-an App from the National Parkinson Foundation is resource that covers a range of useful information from planning, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment.
See my other posting on suggested Apps at http://karlrobb.com/2010/07/20/apps-to-help-parkinsons-disease/. There may be a charge for some of these Apps.
If you have an App that you think is beneficial especially for people with PD, please let me know so that I can promote it. Thank you.