I am back and feeling recharged! It amazes me what a 2 week vacation of mountain rains and relaxation can do to refill the batteries. I think that I had forgotten the importance of taking time for myself.
It is far too easy to become enveloped and disconnected when we get so deeply engrossed in our jobs and projects. Mindfulness promotes awareness and being in the moment but obsession becomes all-consuming. Finding and maintaining balance is key to refrain from straying to overdosing ones over involvement in anything that they do.
Vacation was a great break and now it is time to return being productive. I hope you will remain a follower of my blog. I am excited to announce the upcoming release of my 4 CD audio book set. In the meantime, if you would like to download the audio version, you can get it from audible.com, itunes.com, or amazon.com. It is available now. The CD collection becomes available directly off this site by mid-August.
As we end the celebration of the 4th of July and the founding of our great nation, I thought it to be appropriate to discuss, freedom. There is no doubt that Parkinson’s disease or any other illness robs one o f their independence and freedom. Parkinson’s can make you less sure of your balance, endurance, and/or cognitive ability. Part of living with an illness is accepting help, if needed, but to try to remain as independent as you possibly are able.
As someone who has had Parkinson’s disease for over 25 years, I can assure you that the most beneficial action that you can make in your life is to take charge and get as healthy as you can. Here are some suggestions that have worked for me and may work for you:
- Stay active, be it yoga, walking, weights, or swimming–do something.
- If your speech needs help, look into finding a certified LSVT therapist to help you.
- Consider improving your digestion with a probiotic.
- Eat vegetarian or as low on the food chain as you can.
- Reduce your stress level through meditation.
- Keep your mind active and challenged.
- Avoid potent cleaning supplies, processed foods, and artificial odor products like cheap candles with infused odors that may cause headaches or worse.
These are just a few ways to possibly help you to regain some of your freedom and take back your life. You should discuss any changes with your doctor before making any major changes in your daily regimen. I am not a doctor. I’m just a guy telling you what works for me and hope that it might work for you too. What works for you?